- Roof Above (formerly Urban Ministry Center)
Lunches for Roof Above: Looking for a way to help others? We, at SAPC, have committed to helping our homeless neighbors by donating 200 lunches, on the 2nd Saturday, during the months of September through December. We are asking families and/or groups to sign up in increments of 10. You can sign up for one or more slots. Prepared lunches will need to be dropped off on the church porch by 10 am on the designated Saturday mornings. Lunches need to include: 2 sandwiches or a canned protein, fruit, a carb, dessert and a water. They are asked to be brought with any eating utensils needed, a napkin and packed in a paper or gallon sized bags.
- We are looking for lunches on 12/11.
- Lunch Donations: Please click to register for a date to volunteer.
- Room in the Inn: During the coldest time of the year, each Monday from December 1 through March 31 we help Roof Above host some of our homeless neighbors on Monday nights at the church. It's a wonderful way to get involved and to get to know some of our Charlotte neighbors. On each Monday night, we usually host 12 homeless people in our Fellowship Hall and Bowman building. We pick up our neighbors at the RoofAbove main campus and then bring them back to the church for a hot meal together and an evening of movies, fellowship and other activities. We need volunteers who spend the night with their homeless neighbors, serve dinner and breakfast, bring lunches to take with them, and then drive the neighbors back to uptown Charlotte in the morning.
- Each year, nearly 5,000 Room In The Inn volunteers throughout the community help in some way across a variety of faith communities: registering neighbors, driving, making dinner and serving dinner, chaperoning overnight, making sandwiches for lunch or simply sharing a meal and conversation.
- Please click here to register to volunteer.
- Sign up to be an overnight host.
- In-kind donations needs: Feel free to conveniently donate through our Amazon wish list, below. All items can be dropped at Roof Above, 945 N. College St. campus, between 9am-12:30pm.
- Donate items from our Amazon Wish List to help us provide safe winter shelter for our neighbors!
- Habitat for Humanity Homebuilding, ReStore Volunteering, Children's Camp Habitat, Book Drives