Opportunities to Serve
Roof Above: We need volunteers each month to help make lunches for our homeless friends. Click here to sign-up.
In lieu of hosting Room in the Inn (due to the pandemic), we have joined with Roof Above to help provide lunches, cookies and in-kind donations for our 130 winter overflow nightly guests.
Lunch Bag and Cookie Donations: Please sign up via the link below for the volunteer opportunity that you are interested in. Additional supporting documents with the guidelines and directions within the link.
- Winter Shelter Bag Lunches: https://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/43070DA07A1CBEEC24-winter
- Winter Shelter Cookies: https://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/43070DA07A1CBEEC24-winter1
In-kind donations needs: Feel free to conveniently donate through our Amazon wishlist, below. All items can be dropped at Roof Above, 945 N. College St. campus, between 9am-12:30pm.
- Donate items from our Amazon Wish List to help us provide safe winter shelter for our neighbors!
More than ever, children in poverty need the lift that learning provides. You can help. There are 3 evidence-based tutoring programs at Montclaire:
1) Augustine Literacy Project invites you to participate in a Virtual Information Session to become a tutor.
ALP tutors work one-to-one to help low income children who are struggling to read. Learn more by contacting Helen Hope Kimbrough.
2) HELPS Tutoring from Read Charlotte will offer virtual tutoring aimed at improving reading fluency and comprehension during the 2020-2021 school year. Virtual training sessions will be offered this fall to train existing and new tutors to become virtual Helps tutors. More details soon.
3) Heart Math Tutoring is moving to a virtual volunteering format for the 2020-21 school year. Click here for updates. If you have an interest in tutoring virtually, please sign up using this form so that Heart can keep you informed.
Contact Sarah Cover to learn more.
>> GEP After-School Program at Montclaire Elementary:
During the 2019-2020 school year GEP (Greater Enrichment Program) had a successful, though shortened, After-School Program at Montclaire. We will post news about GEP's 2020-2021 school year plans as it becomes available.
To volunteer at Montclaire Elementary, you must register as a CMS volunteer at:
NOTE: All Selwyn Avenue Presbyterian members who volunteer to work with children should take our church's Child Protection Training every 3 years.